Lewy Body Dementia Test
Research supported by:
What's our Lewy Body Dementia Test?
The SYNTap Test helps doctors diagnose LBD accurately by identifying misfolded Synuclein, the critical biomarker associated with LBD.
Who should take the SYNTap Test For LBD?
This test benefits people who show:
- Early memory disorder symptoms, which could be Alzheimer’s or other brain diseases.
- Signs of cognitive decline and autonomic symptoms, including sleep disorders, constipation, heart rate problems, or fainting spells.
- Signs of cognitive decline and movement problems, including rigidity, tremors, shuffling or leaning to one side.
What are the key benefits?
The SYNTap Test for LBD offers the following benefits. It helps:
- Enable physicians to diagnose LBD accurately.
- Reduce the risk of misdiagnosis, leading to more effective treatments.
- Direct people living with LBD to the right clinical trials.
- Assemble a better care team.
- Accelerate scientific innovation for personalized treatment.
Molecular diagnosis leads to personalized medicine for Lewy Body Dementia.
How the SYNTap Test for LBD works
After a decade of diligent development in our lab, the basic testing process is:
- Your doctor orders the SYNTap Test and submits a few drops of your cerebrospinal fluid (CSF),
- Our lab tests your sample for misfolded Synuclein,
- Your doctor receives the lab result within two weeks.
Why test CSF instead of blood?
CSF testing offers the highest accuracy and reliability. How?
Our research shows that misfolded proteins happen early in the brain. So when they are detectable in blood, it is highly likely that the disease has progressed to a later stage.
What does a negative SYNTap Test result mean?
A negative SYNTap Test indicates there is an absence of Synuclein aggregates in the CSF sample.
As such, it means the person has a low probability of having either LBD or PD (approximately 5%) at the time of testing.
REFER A DOCTOR
A physician must order the SYNTap™️ Test. If you would like us to reach out to your doctor, please complete this form.