Drug Research and Development
Innovation of molecular diagnostics enables Amprion drug research and development to work with biopharma to accelerate finding cures for brain diseases.
How Amprion Helps Accelerate Drug Development
Amprion helps biopharma partners address the following challenging questions related to drug development in neurodegenerative diseases:
Patient Stratification & Early Identification
- What underlying pathologies are in play?
- Do patient genetics affect responses to each candidate?
- Can patient genetics + PMCA effectively ID pre-clinical disease?
- How do pre-dosing responses predict target engagement post-dosing?
- Can PMCA inhibition pre-select patients most likely respond to each candidate?
- Measures binding/sequestration of CSF prion-like proteins by immunoprecipitation
- How is binding affected by increasing concentrations of native protein?
- What concentrations are required for 80% & 95% target engagement?
- How do binding curves vary between different patients?
- Do antibody combinations outperform single species?
- How do monospecific versus bi-specific antibodies perform?
Direct Target Inhibition
- Which candidates & structures can directly inhibit prion amplification?
- How do IC50 levels correlate with CNS candidate concentrations?
- How do various candidates modulate aggregation kinetics?
- A single platform can evaluate antibodies, peptides, small molecules.
Disruption of Pre-formed Fibrils (Plaque/Tangle/Lewy Body)
- Which candidate concentrations are most effective?
- What is the disaggregation kinetics for each candidate?
- Is it possible to shift the equilibrium towards more inactive fibrils?
- Which candidates favor large fibrils versus smaller prion-like structures?
- Which degradative enzymes impact fibril structures?
For the first time in history, we can track the misfolded proteins associated with brain diseases in the early stages.
Working on R&D for new drugs? Let's connect.
Get In Touch
Looking to improve the success rate of your clinical trials? We can help.