Most smoothies are filled with fructose sugar, reducing wholesome qualities. Not this one! A Green Ginger Smoothie Recipe that Popeye would make every day! 💪
Spinach has long been hailed as a superfood, but did you know it’s linked to significantly slower cognitive decline and may even help reverse existing damage in the brain?
• It’s a great source of vitamins A, K, C, folate, and magnesium.
• In addition to fighting off neurodegeneration, studies show that spinach helps protect against heart disease and cancer, stabilizes blood sugar, detoxifies the body, aids bone health and vision, and even supports the production of collagen to keep your skin looking youthful.
With the addition of brain-boosting ginger, nutmeg, and almond milk, this smoothie makes it a cinch to enjoy an array of powerful benefits in one sip!
Place all ingredients in blender and process until well blended and smooth. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Learn more about the health benefits:
- Spinach: https://www.nia.nih.gov/news/leafy-greens-linked-slower-age-related-cognitive-decline
- Nutmeg: https://www.webmd.com/diet/nutmeg-health-benefits-nutrition-uses
- Ginger: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253463/
- Almond milk: https://draxe.com/nutrition/almond-milk-nutrition/
Credits: Recipe by Mark Hyman, MD / Cleveland Clinic Health Essentials